It’s been 8 days since my exams got over, and I haven’t been able to crank out a post yet. I don’t know if that’s ever happened before – my exams are always followed by a “Woo-hoo!” period during which I feel the urgent necessity to celebrate the existence of my blog by dropping in and posting something insignificant. This time, I haven’t even been able to do that, as a result of which, my blog is still sitting sadly, displaying a month-old post and waiting for me to give it the time of day.
I’ve been travelling a lot the past couple of days, leading to two things. One, I haven’t been able to find the time or place to sit down and post my thoughts and two, I haven’t been able to collect these so-called “thoughts” at all. My posts usually have a theme to them – they’re always about something or someone or some event that took place recently. Since my exams have gotten over, my thoughts have just been a jumbled mess. Things pop up now and then, but they’re never coherent enough to warrant an entire post. Thanks to this unique phenomenon, I give you, dear readers – my first ever random post! I’m going to try and link these thoughts up so they make some sense, but I don’t expect stellar results.
1. I’m home! I’m home! Of course, “home” is all dusty and not been lived in for about two months, but still – I’m home!
2. Home’s cold. I went to sleep yesterday with one blanket on. A while later, I went to get another one. I was still cold, so midway through, I resorted to hugging my mom to get warmer. Brr!
3. I had a dream last night during which I gave an entire speech about Women’s Oppression (for what joy, I don’t know) in front of a class composed partly of my friends at university and partly of my school-mates. I even remember most of the darn speech!
4. I’m totally dreading my exam results this time over. I say this after every semester, but this time, I really, really mean it.
5. Exam results come out the day after Christmas. Christmas, woo-hoo! I love Christmas and everything that goes along with it. Singapore’s all dress-y and festive this time of year – maybe someday I’ll get to spend Christmas there, instead of here in India.
6. I have some nice ideas for a Christmas post. Let’s hope they pan out. 🙂
7. I want to do something useful these holidays. Take up a “holiday project” of sorts. I’ve always wanted to try my hand out at writing – maybe I’ll see if I can go any further with that. If not, I hope to blog a lot. (There’s manic laughing inside my head.)
8. I’m getting a bit sick of my current template. I’m probably going to hang on to this one till Christmas for all the green, but I really want something custom-made. Not something you can just pick off a list on a website. If I go through with the change, that’ll be the fifth time I’ve changed colours (pink to black to white to green to whatever) for the blog in two and a half years.
9. My blog is almost two and a half years old. :O And I haven’t even gotten to 100 posts yet. *headdesk*
10. I have no idea how I’m going to tag this post. I’ve probably talked about everything already. Oh, except maybe movies.
11. Not anymore! My post-exams movie marathon this year was a complete cheese-fest. I watched both High School Musical 1 and 2 and went to the theatre to watch Enchanted. My God, if anyone was made for the part of a vain, handsome, floppy-haired, dim-witted prince, it was James Marsden. I couldn’t even recognize his voice during the animated parts – he was definitely one of the best things about the movie. Patrick Dempsey, who I normally find pretty smarmy, was wonderful as well, and Amy Adams had the wide-eyed look of a fairy-tale princess down pat. Kudos to the casting unit.
12. I have all the songs from HSM2 permanently going on in my head. The damn songs, with their catchy beats and their hummable tunes, are addictive. I feel like such a teenager. *hides*
13. There’s an HSM craze over here right now. It’s playing everywhere. Disney Channel’s already showed it a gazillion times, and it’s being shown on flights as well. Mania!
14. Jet Airways serves the best food. As of now, I’d say Singapore Airlines and Jet Airways are two of the best airlines I’ve ever travelled on, and I don’t know which one I’d pick were I given a choice. The entertainment on SA is brilliant, but Jet is king of airline meals.
15. I don’t know why all the domestic flights’ air-hostesses turn out to be the pretty, kind ones, while all the air-hostesses on international flights are snooty and bossy. My mother has this theory that all the pretty ones start off on the domestic flights and that by the time they graduate to the international stuff, they become old and crabby. I’m inclined to believe this is true. Either that, or the people who hire these people think “snooty” is a trait that will appeal universally.
16. I’m now on a mission to make use of all the tags I have, so I’m looking for stuff I haven’t talked about yet.
17. TV! As a big TV fan, I’m sad to say that the stuff on the telly no longer interests me. There’s nothing fun to watch anymore! My laptop has become my new TV, but the stupid writers’ strike is making life difficult – I’m avoiding thinking of the possibility of an entire semester without new episodes of Smallville, Heroes or Supernatural. Eeee!
18. BUT! New Smallville episode today or tomorrow! MG and I are planning an across-citites watching session – should be fun! Yay!
19. Books, books. I snagged an Agatha Christie book off my brother’s bookshelf on my way back from Singapore so I’d have something to do in the flight. I haven’t finished it yet, but that woman amazes me. I always end up pinning the murder on all the suspects by the time I finish the book. For people who like mystery novels, read Murder on the Orient Express. It’s one of the best ones she’s ever written.
20. Okay, I can’t do a picspam here, so that tag will have to go. And since this isn’t a tag, that one will have to go too. Oh, well. I did my best.
21. Alright. I ran out of things to say halfway through this post, but I struggled on and wrote some more nonsense. But I think it’s time to stop the torture now. Thanks for labouring through this much! The next post will be better thought out, I assure you. 🙂