StatCounter is this very interesting website that allows you to keep track of the people who visit your blog. It gives you some really cool tidbits, like how many people visited your blog in the past week, how many are newcomers and how many are returning visitors, where they’re from (I have visitors from the Netherlands, woo!), what pages on your blog are the most popular and so on. But by far the most interesting (and the most entertaining) of all these statistics is the “Keyword Analysis”. This is a feature that lets you in on the people that chanced upon your blog by searching for something on Google/Yahoo/other search engines. More importantly, it tells you just what they searched for.
This post got my curiosity piqued. What would my Keyword Analysis show? And would it be as funny? I’d opened my own StatCounter account barely a few weeks ago, and seeing as how I only have a few regular visitors on my blog, I wasn’t sure there’d be anything to see. Well, I was wrong. I got a mighty good laugh at what searches had gotten people into my blog, and since laughter is best shared, here are the gems.
- james franco clueless – Hee! My one instance of James Franco gushing got a hit. Yay, James!
- tia dalma’s hairstyle – Bwah. I wonder if somebody actually wanted to replicate the ‘do. *shudder*
- hindi songs down memory lane – Ah, this is pretty specific. Somebody was actually searching for a previous post of mine. I’m touched! *sniff* (Or maybe somebody just had a bout of nostalgia and wanted to go “down memory lane” and search for some nice old Hindi songs. Ha, what a site to land on, in that case!)
- 80s song from clueless – There’s an ’80s song from the movie Clueless? Ah, the things you learn by blogging.
- multiple jack sparrows – Ah. Someone else apparently appreciated the multiple Jack copies in PotC3. I approve.
- tom welling – Awww, a fellow TW fan! Yay! Though I must say, this person must’ve been pretty desperate – imagine how many TW-related sites he/she (though I’m guessing it’s most probably a “she”) must’ve had to get through to finally get to my blog!
- does tom welling want to do more movies – I don’t really know, but if that question was phrased “Do you want Tom Welling to do more movies?”, my answer would be a definite “Hell, yeah!”
- annalakshmi singapore price student – Ha! Someone’s hoping students get a discount at Annalakshmi, a la KFC and McDonalds! Good news for you, buddy – you can put in as much of a discount as you want!
- bizarro pies sparrow pirates – Wow. Individually, those words make sense – “bizarro” and “pies” are Smallville references, and “sparrow” and “pirates” are obviously PotC searches – but put them together and you have one truly bizarre search term. Hee!
- how to keep a virgo/libra cusp man interested – Oh, darling. If only I knew. But there’s a very good chance I won’t end up with a man born on the same day as me, so I don’t really need to know. Good luck with your guy, though!
- tobey maguire emo hairstyle – Heh heh heh. Someone else shares my thought about Peter Parker’s “emo” style. GMTA!
- criticizing the movie clueless – Hmm. I haven’t really criticized the movie, but I have expressed absolute horror at being associated in any way with it. Good enough, eh?
- nose freckles – Ha! Nose freckles rule. And while I’m at it, I might as well share my newest freckles-related discovery. Jensen Ackles. (His freckles are known in the fan-world as “frackles”. Fangirls are geniuses, I tell you.)
So there you have it. The bizarre list of search words that lets some pretty interesting people into my blog. The craziest part is, some of these searches take 20 or more pages to reveal my blog as a hit. Who has the patience or time to sit through 20 pages of search hits and then come read a blog after all that? People will never cease to amaze me.
Anyway, to all those people with StatCounter accounts – got any stories to share? 🙂